Kayaking: Port of Refuge
This tour offers a leisurely exploration of the fjord-like Port of Refuge. Whilst paddling along the stunning shoreline, your friendly and knowledgeable naturalist guide will interpret the tropical world surrounding you. You will learn about the multitude of land and sea birds found in Vava’u year ‘round as well as the diversity of the stunning coral reefs. Stopping for lunch at Mala Island you will have the opportunity to snorkel the spectacular Japanese Gardens. Finally, you will make your way back at a gentle paddling pace to the Adventure Centre.
- Includes return transfers between Neiafu accommodation and the Adventure Centre (where we depart and return).
- A professional naturalist guide will accompany you throughout the tour.
- Tour Equipment: Kayak, spray skirt, life vest, paddle.
- You should bring: Sun hat (with chin-strap), sun glasses, sun screen, lip screen, lunch, water, snorkel gear and towel.
- You should wear: Swim suit, quick-dry shorts, quick-dry T-shirt or cotton T-shirt, and footwear you won't mind getting wet.
- Note: Participants must possess an adventurous spirit, an average level of fitness and full limb mobility.
- Note: Lunch is not included. Optional picnic lunch available upon request for NZD$22
- Vava'u Islands, Tonga
- 6 hours
- Grade: Moderate
Single Supplement: N/A
Trip costs are listed in New Zealand dollars
A 25% deposit will be requested upon booking
Pre-post-tour accommodation can be arranged upon request. See our package accommodation page for details.