Terms and Conditions (Please read carefully)
Flexible Booking Policy
Flexible booking policy applies to new bookings made on or after 21 June 2021 for departures in 2022 and 2023 on the following trips: Vava’u 3-Day Sampler, Vava’u 5-Day Special, Vava’u 5-Day Discovery, Vava’u 8-Day Adventure, Vava’u 8-Day Classic, Vava’u 10-Day Explorer, Vava’u 6-Day Treasure Island Eco-Resort, Ha’apai 7-Day Serenity Eco-Resort, Ha’apai 11-Day Tropical Expedition, Yasawa 6-Day Tropical Island Dreaming, Yasawa 11-Day Tropical Expedition, Bruny Island 4-Day Paddle**, Three Capes 4-Day Paddle**, Tasman Peninsula 4-Day Sea Kayaking and Whale Watching Escape**.
Deposits and Final Payments
A deposit of 25% of the trip price per person (in the trip currency) is required to hold your reservation. Final payment will be due 90 days prior to your scheduled trip departure date provided that at that time the current Tongan, Fijian or Australian State and or Federal government advice regarding COVID-19 related border restrictions would not reasonably be expected to directly impact* your capacity to travel to the point of departure at the scheduled trip departure date.
All bank fees for electronic funds transfers are to the customer's charge. All outstanding balances, including minor values, due to bank fee shortfall, must be paid in full prior to departure. To avoid a payment shortfall, please instruct your bank to add all bank fees to the invoice total and to instruct the intermediary (correspondent) bank to return all charges to the originating bank.
Refunds and Transfers
For Tongan and Fijian departures, deposits and final payments are refundable or transferable up until 30 days (14 days for Australian departures) prior to the scheduled trip departure date in the case that Tongan, Fijian and or Australian State or Federal issued orders directly impacts* your ability to travel as a result of COVID-19 related border restrictions. If Tongan and Fijian State or Federal issued orders directly impacts your capacity to travel as a result of COVID-19 related border restrictions at or within 30 days (14 days for Australian departures) of your scheduled trip departure date, Friendly Islands Kayak Company (FIKCo) will refund 75% of the total trip cost and supply a credit voucher for the remaining 25% to be used on the same trip experience within 18 months of the original trip departure date. If border restrictions are in place, or we conclude that there is a high risk of border restrictions being imposed at 30 days prior to your scheduled trip departure date, we will offer you a refund in full or a transfer to a future booking. Transfers are available to a future date on the same trip. Transfers to alternate trips are also allowed. Where there is a difference in price you will be liable for that price difference in both the deposit and the final payment. Transfer fees will not be applied in the case that your departure is impacted by the conditions listed above.
*directly impact(s) is inclusive of State or Federally mandated border closures preventing you from travelling to the point of departure of your trip or returning to your home state and/or government orders requiring travellers to undergo mandatory quarantine either in the state/country where the trip departs or upon return to your home state/country as a matter of course.
**For bookings made on our Australian departures, deposits and final payments remain refundable up until 14 days prior to departure subject to the same conditions as above.
Flights and any pre-/post-tour accommodation that the customer books are their responsibility. Thus, we strongly recommend checking the suppliers' conditions carefully to ensure they are refundable or transferable in the event that your travel plans change. Note that our flexible booking policy applies only up until the time of the trip departure. Once the trip has begun Friendly Islands Kayak is unable to provide refunds or credits of any nature.
Personal travel insurance is not included in the trip cost and is a condition of booking and participating on FIKCo's trips. We strongly recommend that at the time of paying your trip deposit you purchase a comprehensive insurance policy that includes flight and trip delays, cancellation, luggage, medical and evacuation cover.
Cancellations by You
Should it become necessary for you to cancel your trip, please notify FIKCo in writing immediately. Cancellation will take effect on the date that we receive your written notice. The following cancellation fee schedule applies:
- Cancellations received 90 days or more prior to the trip departure date means the loss of your deposit (25% of the trip cost). Alternatively, you may transfer your deposit once only to a different trip scheduled to depart within 18 months of your original departure date for a fee of $250 in applicable trip currency (NZ/AU). Any difference in trip costs between your original trip and the trip you transfer to will be payable by you.
- If cancellations occur less than 90 days prior to trip departure, you will be required to pay the full cost of the trip.
- In the event that you fail to arrive for a trip in time or leave a trip early, no refund will be available.
Cancellations by FIKCo
FIKCo reserves the right to cancel any trip prior to departure if the minimum group size is not attained, in which case any payment by you will be refunded in full and you will not be entitled to make any further claim for compensation or damages, expenses, loss of time or inconvenience which may result from such cancellation.
Delay or Change of Itinerary
FIKCo may for any reason change the date of departure or conclusion of the trip, the scheduled point of departure for the tour, omit or change any scheduled stop on the trip or change the scheduled place of conclusion for the trip whether before or after the trip has departed, without prior notice. You will have no right to any refund and FIKCo will have no obligation to you or be liable for any loss, consequential damages, expenses, loss of time or enjoyment or inconvenience in respect of such changes.
During the course of your trip, photographs may be taken of you by other passengers or a FIKCo representative. If you do not wish these to be used on social media or other marketing, please advise us prior to the trip.
FIKCo does not operate all of the tours. Some are operated with our close regional partners.
You declare and warrant that:
- You are in good health and mental and physical fitness at the time of booking this trip
- You have disclosed to FIKCo every matter concerning your health and mental and physical fitness of which you are aware or ought reasonably to be expected to know, that is relevant to FIKCo's decision to permit you to join the trip
- Immediately upon any adverse change in your health or fitness that may be likely to affect FIKCo's decision to accept the risk of permitting you to join the trip, you will notify FIKCo in writing of any such adverse change.
All participants aged 65 years or over require a doctor's clearance to participate on our trips. Your doctor may sign the section on your completed medical from or write a separate fitness certificate.
You acknowledge that the obligation to disclose under this condition continues from the time of booking the trip through to departure and extends for the duration of the trip.
If you fail to comply with the duty of disclosure in this condition and if FIKCo would not have permitted you to undertake the trip, or continue participation of the trip, had you made full disclosure under this condition, FIKCo will not be liable, except to the minimum extent required by law, for personal injury, death or property damage or loss incurred by you.
Trip costs are based on ground costs and exchange rates. While we try our utmost not to increase our prices, this is sometimes beyond our control. The most current prices will be listed at www.fikco.com so visit the website before booking. We reserve the right to amend our prices. They should only alter in the event of significant increases in ground costs and/or marked fluctuations in the exchange rate upon which the land content is based. Any price increase must be paid for in full prior to the departure date.
Items not Included in our Costs
- Personal travel insurance
- Air fares/travel to the meeting point (unless specified in trip descriptions and costs)
- Internal flights
- Visa and passport charges
- Airport departure taxes
- Airport transfers unless specified
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra meals not included in the itinerary
- Single supplement fees (for trips that include pre-/post-tour accommodation)
- Bank fees for funds transfers
- Any additional costs or expenses incurred as a result of the insolvency of any ground operator occurring after departure date
- Emergency evacuation charges
- Alcohol, laundry, WIFI, personal clothing, medical expenses, and items of a personal nature
- Any additional hotel nights or extra transfers that may be necessary due to airline schedules or changes in your flights